At CUSE, our goal is to help undergraduates and alumni apply for national fellowships. We help with every stage of the process, including identifying relevant opportunities, preparing to apply, drafting and revising application material, offering advice to recommendation writers, and practicing interview skills.
The fellowship application process can seem overwhelming at first, but we are here to help ND applicants navigate the terrain as smoothly as possible.
The Fellowships Team
Jeffrey Thibert, Paul and Maureen Stefanick Director
Dr. Thibert identifies promising candidates for national fellowships, helps these candidates discern which opportunities fit best with their interests and goals, and advises them throughout all stages of the application process. His goal is to ensure that the reflection and preparation that goes into the fellowship process has value for applicants, whether or not they win the awards. Read more.
Dr. Thibert advises students on the following fellowships:
- Beinecke, Churchill, and Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Fulbright Study/Research Grant
- Goldwater Scholarship
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell Scholarships
- Luce Scholars Program, Schwarzman Scholars Program, Yenching Academy
- Truman Scholarship
Dr. Thibert also advises juniors and seniors with general fellowships inquiries. He handles other fellowships inquiries as well.
Elise Rudt, National Fellowships Program Coordinator
Elise advises students at Notre Dame applying for fellowships opportunities abroad. Read more.
Elise advises students on the following fellowships:
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship (ETA)
- Freeman-ASIA, Gilman Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship, Critical Language Scholarship
- Udall Scholarship
- US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes
Elise also advises first-years and sophomores on general fellowships inquiries.