The Churchill Scholarship encourages the exchange of knowledge and the sharing of ideas in science and technology between the US and Great Britain. This program enables outstanding American students to pursue a one-year graduate research degree in engineering, mathematics, and the physical and natural sciences at Churchill College, Cambridge University. The degree will provide excellent preparation for a PhD, in the U.S. or internationally.
U.S. citizens who will be seniors or recent alumni and between the ages of 19 and 26 in November of the application year.
- Review the eligibility requirements on this page to ensure that you are (or will be) eligible to apply.
- Review the calendar of events and deadlines on this page to ensure that the campus application deadlines have not passed.
- Complete the brief Declaration of Interest form and submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review this information about applying for the Churchill Scholarship. Read through everything on this page, including the PDFs. Take special note of the application instructions and the form for the letters of recommendation.
- Prepare the following materials by the Campus Application Deadline. Submit the first three yourself to email@example.com as attachments to a single email; recommenders should submit their letters themselves directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A PDF printout of the online application. Do not submit this application through the online system; just complete it and print the PDF.
- PDFs of the four documents listed as "Additional Pages" on pages 3-5 of the application instructions.
- If you're applying for a non-mathematics degree, correspondence from a Cambridge lab supervisor. See step 2 on page 7 of the application instructions for more information about this.
- Four letters of recommendation, as described on page 3 of the application instructions. Each recommendation should be accompanied by the form for the letters of recommendation, found on the same page as the instructions.
You might need to scroll through the calendar or select "Look for more" to see all upcoming dates.