Critical Language Scholarship
The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program provides eight to ten weeks of fully-funded overseas language and cultural immersion. The program seeks participants from a wide range of fields of study and career paths and selects participants based on their commitment to language learning and plans to apply their language skills to their future academic or professional pursuits.
- All class levels are eligible. You must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. degree-granting program at the time of the application.
- Seniors can apply, as long as they are enrolled at the time of their application.
- If you are taking a leave of absence to participate in an organized semester- or year-long study abroad program, or to participate in a substantive internship program, you may still be considered eligible. You will be required to submit documentation of your study abroad or internship program and a signed letter from the University. Decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- Non-citizens, including Permanent Residents, are not eligible, even if they anticipate naturalization by the beginning of the program.
If you are interested in applying for the Critical Language Scholarship, please follow the steps listed below.
- Review the information on this webpage to learn more about the fellowship, determine your eligibility to apply, and review upcoming deadlines and events.
- After reviewing this information, if you have further questions, please make an appointment with a CUSE fellowships advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you decide to move forward with the application process, you may apply directly at the CLS website.