The Goldwater Scholarship is for outstanding Sophomores or Juniors in the STEM fields interested in pursuing graduate school. The award provides $7,500 for up to two years of undergraduate study. It is one of the most prestigious undergraduate STEM awards and a mark of excellence on graduate school applications.
- Current sophomore or junior, pursuing a bachelor's degree on a full-time basis.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.7.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. National, or resident alien.
- Have a demonstrated interest in obtaining a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. leading to a research-oriented career in mathematics, computer science, the natural sciences, or engineering. Students who plan to study medicine are eligible for a Goldwater Scholarship only if they plan a research career rather than a career as a medical doctor in a private practice.
If you are interested in applying for the Goldwater Scholarship, please follow the steps listed below.
- Review the information on this webpage to learn more about the fellowship, determine your eligibility to apply, and review upcoming deadlines and events.
- After reviewing this information, if you have further questions, please make an appointment with a CUSE fellowships advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you decide to move forward with the application process, please complete Step 2 at the official Goldwater website, which includes creating a profile and completing a Pre-Application, and submit a resume as an attachment via email to email@example.com. (The Pre-Application is usually available on the first Tuesday after Labor Day.)
- Within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline (see the calendar below), we will follow up with you. If you have not heard from CUSE within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might need to scroll through the calendar or select "Look for more" to see all upcoming dates.