The Beinecke Scholarship provides funding ($30,000 for graduate school, $4,000 immediately) for exceptional juniors pursuing graduate school in the arts, humanities, or social sciences. Eligibility is limited to juniors who are U.S. citizens.
An applicant must:
- Demonstrate superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement (3.7+ GPA), and personal promise during his or her undergraduate career.
- Be a current junior.
- Plan to enter a master’s or doctoral program in the arts, humanities, or social sciences on the way to an academic career.
- Be a U.S. citizen or national.
- Have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid during his or her undergraduate years. (Applicants might also be considered who would have been eligible for need-based financial aid had they not received merit-based financial aid.)
When to apply
Students should begin the application process in Fall of junior year.
If you are interested in applying for the Beinecke Scholarship, please follow the steps listed below.
- Review the information on this webpage to learn more about the fellowship, determine your eligibility to apply, and review upcoming deadlines and events.
- After reviewing this information, if you have further questions, please make an appointment with a CUSE fellowships advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you decide to move forward with the application process, please complete the Pre-Application (Google Form) and submit a resume as an attachment via email to email@example.com. We suggest that you compose your Pre-Application responses offline and then copy and paste them into the Pre-Application. (Download a PDF version of the Pre-Application for your reference.)
- Within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, we will follow up with you. If you have not heard from CUSE within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
You might need to scroll through the calendar or select "Look for more" to see all upcoming dates.