Gaither Junior Fellows Program
The purpose of the James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace is to provide approximately 10-12 one-year paid positions to uniquely qualified graduating seniors and/or individuals who have graduated during the past academic year. The Junior Fellows work as research assistants to the Endowment’s senior associates. They have the opportunity to conduct research for books, co-author journal articles and policy papers, participate in meetings with high-level officials, contribute to congressional testimony and organize briefings attended by scholars, journalists, and government officials. Eligibility of limited to seniors and recent alumni who are eligible to work in the United States.
An applicant must:
Be eligible to work in the U.S. during the fellowship year. (Both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens can apply as long as they meet this requirement.)
Be a graduating senior or graduate from the last academic year and must not have begun graduate study (unless enrolled in a joint bachelor’s/master’s program).
Have an interest in and meet the requirements for one of the CEIP's program areas. See the application material below for more information.
When to apply
Fall/Winter of senior year or the year after you graduate from Notre Dame.
- Review the information on this webpage to learn more about the fellowship, determine your eligibility to apply, and review upcoming deadlines and events.
- After reviewing this information, if you have further questions, please make an appointment with a CUSE fellowships advisor or contact us at email@example.com
- If you would like to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the application material. The application is only available through CUSE.
- Review the Application Material carefully, especially the last page, to ensure that you are interested in one of the CEIP's program areas and meet the eligibility requirements.
- Submit the items listed on page 2 of the Application Material to email@example.com by the campus application deadline noted below. Recommenders should submit their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters should be signed on institutional letterhead and addressed to the "Gaither Junior Fellows Program Reviewers". Word or PDF attachments are preferrred. Alternatively, hard copies can be submitted to CUSE National Fellowships: 110 Brownson, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556
- CUSE will notify you within one week of the campus application deadline whether or not you have been selected for one of the two University nominations. If you are nominated, you will then have until the final nominee deadline noted below to revise your application.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
You might need to scroll through the calendar or select "Look for more" to see all upcoming dates.