Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship
The Ford Foundation Pre-doctoral Fellowship provides a living stipend of $24,000 for students engaged with underrepresented communities and equipped to use diversity as a pedagogical resource. Awardees are expected to be committed to a teaching and research career at the college or university level. The Ford Foundation strongly encourages Alaska Natives, African Americans, Mexican Americans, Native American Indians, Native Pacific Islanders, and Puerto Ricans to apply. Eligibility is limited to U.S citizens and permanent residents who are entering a graduate program.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a US Citizen, national, or permanent resident, or if you have been granted deferred action status.
- Have demonstrated evidence of superior academic achievement
- Are planning to pursue a research-based PhD or ScD program in a supported field at a US institiution in the Fall following the application deadline.
- Will require a minimum of three years study to complete your PhD or ScD, and you have not already earned a PhD or ScD.
When to apply
Fall prior to entry into a graduate program.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
You might need to scroll through the calendar or select "Look for more" to see all upcoming dates.
- Application available: September
- Application deadline: Mid-November
- Supplementary material deadline: Early January