The Marshall Scholarship supports one to three years of postgraduate study at institutions in the United Kingdom in all fields. Eligibility is limited to U.S. citizens.
Marshall Scholarship applicants must be U.S. citizens and:
- Hold a first degree from a four-year college or university in the US by the time the Scholarship would begin. The degree must have been awarded no later than the April of two years prior to the application year. (So if one is applying in 2022, the first degree must be awarded between April 2020 and August 2023.)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7, with exceptions in very rare cases.
- Not have studied toward or hold a degree from a British University. (Study abroad is acceptable.)
When to apply
Applicants should begin the process in the Spring/Summer prior to the Fall in which they plan to submit the application. If you wish to be eligible for the summer/fall advising cohort, you should apply by the priority deadline listed below. Space in the advising cohort is limited. If spaces remain in the cohort after the priority endorsement process, then later applications will be considered for admission to the cohort. Once the cohort fills, you can still apply for the endorsement, but you will work individually with Emily Hunt.
You must complete the following steps in order to apply for the University of Notre Dame endorsement for the Marshall Scholarship.
- Review the eligibility requirements on this page to ensure that you are (or will be) eligible to apply.
- Review the calendar of events and deadlines on this page to ensure that the campus application deadlines have not passed.
- Review the outreach material from the Marshall Scholarships.
- Complete the brief Declaration of Interest form and submit a resume via email to email@example.com so that you are on the CUSE contact list for this fellowship.
- Complete the Application for University Endorsement (Google Form). We suggest that you use this PDF version to compose your responses in a word processor and then copy-and-paste them into the Google Form. Please note that you only need to submit one endorsement application, even if you are applying for endorsement for Rhodes and Mitchell as well.
- CUSE will contact you within a month of the deadline with your endorsement status.
At any point, feel free to contact us with questions to discuss the process in more detail.
|April 19, 2022||Priority Endorsement Application Deadline (required for eligibility to join summer/fall advising cohort)|
|May 31, 2022||
Secondary Endorsement Application Deadline (required for eligibility for remaining cohort openings)
|June 15, June 30, July 15, July 31, 2022||Summer Endorsement Deadlines (if it is after July 31, contact Emily Hunt, CUSE program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|September 20, 2022||Final Application Deadline for Endorsed Applicants|