The Marshall Scholarship supports one to three years of postgraduate study at one or two institutions in the United Kingdom in all fields. Eligibility is limited to U.S. citizens.
Marshall Scholarship applicants must be U.S. citizens and:
- Hold a first degree from a four-year college or university in the US by the time the Scholarship would begin. The degree must have been awarded no later than the April of two years prior to the application year. (So if one is applying in 2019, the first degree must be awarded between April 2017 and August 2020.)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7, with exceptions in very rare cases.
- Not have studied toward or hold a degree from a British University. (Study abroad is acceptable.)
When to apply
Applicants should begin the process in the Spring/Summer prior to the Fall in which they plan to submit the application.
You must complete the following steps in order to apply for the University of Notre Dame endorsement for the Marshall Scholarship.
- Review the eligibility requirements on this page to ensure that you are (or will be) eligible to apply.
- Review the calendar of events and deadlines on this page to ensure that the campus application deadlines have not passed.
- Complete the brief Declaration of Interest form and submit a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you are on the CUSE contact list for this fellowship.
- Complete the Application for University Endorsement (Google Form). Note that the earlier you apply, the more time you'll have to work with CUSE before the final deadline. We suggest that you use this PDF version to compose your responses in a word processor and then copy-and-paste them into the Google Form. Please note that you only need to submit one endorsement application, even if you are applying for endorsement for Rhodes and/or Mitchell as well.
- CUSE will contact you by the end of the month in which you submitted the Endorsement Application with your endorsement status and further information.
At any point, feel free to contact us with questions to discuss the process in more detail.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
|April 15, 2019||Priority Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by April 30|
|May 15, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by May 31|
|June 17, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by June 30|
|July 15, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by July 31|
|August 15, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by August 31|
|September 30, 2019||Final Deadline for Endorsed Applicants|