The Mitchell Scholarship supports 1 year of postgraduate study at an institution of higher education in Ireland or Northern Ireland in all fields. Eligibility is limited to U.S. citizens.
Mitchell Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before the Scholarship begins.
- Be at least 18 years of age, but not yet 30, by September 30 of the application year.
When to apply
Applicants should begin the process in the Spring/Summer prior to the Fall in which they plan to submit the application.
You must complete the following steps in order to apply for the University of Notre Dame endorsement for the Mitchell Scholarship. Even if you are not a current undergraduate and therefore do not require an endorsement, we still encourage you to contact us for assistance with your application. You can access the Mitchell Scholarship application directly here.
- Review the eligibility requirements on this page to ensure that you are (or will be) eligible to apply.
- Review the calendar on this page to ensure that the endorsement application deadlines have not passed.
- Complete the brief Declaration of Interest form and submit a resume via email to email@example.com so that you are on the CUSE contact list for this fellowship.
- Complete the Application for University Endorsement (Google Form). Note that the earlier you apply, the more time you'll have to work with CUSE before the final deadline. We suggest that you use this PDF version to compose your responses in a word processor and then copy-and-paste them into the Google Form. Please note that you only need to submit one endorsement application, even if you are applying for endorsement for Rhodes and/or Marshall as well.
- CUSE will contact you by the end of the month in which you submitted the Endorsement Application with your endorsement status and further information.
At any point, feel free to contact us with questions to discuss the process in more detail.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
|April 15, 2019||Priority Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by April 30|
|May 15, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by May 31|
|June 17, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by June 30|
|July 15, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by July 31|
|August 15, 2019||Endorsement Application Deadline for notification by August 31|
|September 30, 2019||Final Deadline for Endorsed Applicants|