Schwarzman Scholars Program
According to the Schwarzman Scholars website, the Schwarzman Scholars program "is a highly selective, one-year master’s program at Tsinghua University in Beijing that is designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders for the challenges of the future." International students are eligible to apply, though note that applicants who hold passports or permanent resident cards from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao, regardless of where they attended university or reside, apply between January 1 and mid-May of an application year, whereas other applicants apply between mid-April and mid-September.
From the scholarship's website, an applicant must:
- Have a bachelor's degree by August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- Be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age on August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and compelling, specific reasons for wanting to become a Schwarzman Scholar.
When to Apply
Applicants should begin the process in the Spring/Summer prior to the Fall in which they plan to submit the application, though they can begin working with CUSE at any time.
- Review the eligibility requirements on this page to ensure that you are (or will be) eligible to apply.
- Review the current application deadlines to ensure that the application deadlines have not passed. Note that applicants who hold passports or permanent resident cards from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao, regardless of where they attended university or reside, will apply between January 1st and mid-May of an application year through the Tsinghua University China application portal. Other applicants typically apply between mid-April and mid-September.
- Review the introductory video from the Schwarzman Scholars. You may also want to attend an upcoming webinar, if possible.
- Complete the brief Declaration of Interest Form and submit a resume via email to email@example.com so that you are on the CUSE contact list for this fellowship.
At any point, feel free to contact us with questions to discuss the process in more detail.