Schwarzman Scholars Program
"Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders will depend upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends. The program will give the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Students will live and study on the campus of Schwarzman College, a newly-built, state-of-the-art facility, where all classes will be taught in English. Students will pursue degrees in one of three disciplines: Public Policy, Economics and Business, or International Studies." International students are eligible to apply.
From the scholarship's website, an applicant must:
- Have a bachelor's degree by June 30 of the year of matriculation.
- Be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age on June 30 of the year of matriculation.
- Demonstrate academic excellence.
- Demonstrate leadership potential.
When to apply
Applicants should begin the process in the Spring/Summer prior to the Fall in which they plan to submit the application.
- Review the eligibility requirements on this page to ensure that you are (or will be) eligible to apply.
- Review the calendar of events and deadlines on this page to ensure that the deadlines have not passed.
- Complete the brief Declaration of Interest form and send a resume to email@example.com.
- Review the information at the official website to learn more about the program. Focus especially on the Program page and the Admissions page. You might also review the bios of previous Schwarzman Scholars.
- Access the Schwarzman online application and complete the application by the final deadline that applies to you. Applicants who hold passports from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao have much earlier deadlines. Graduating seniors have earlier deadlines as well.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
|April 1-30, 2019||Schedule an on campus meeting with Jenny Smith|
|May 27, 2019||Submit First Draft|
|July 2019||Submit Second Draft|
|September 2019||National Application Deadline|