The Truman Scholarship supports juniors, interested in graduate or professional study, who have evidenced their ability and passion to be a “Change Agent” through impactful leadership, a commitment to public service, and academic preparedness for graduate or professional study. Eligibility is limited to juniors who are U.S. citizens.
- You must be a junior (or a senior in your 3rd year)
- You must be a U.S. citizen, or national from a Pacific Island, or you expect to receive your citizenship before the scholarship would be awarded.
- You must intend to pursue graduate or professional school and a career in public service for 3 of 7 years after graduate school.
- Preference is given to those pursuing a master's degree, a doctorate, or a professional degree such as a law degree or a Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work, Master of Education, Master of Public Policy, or Master of International Affairs
When to apply
Students should begin the application process in Fall of junior year.
If you are interested in applying for the Truman Scholarship, please follow the steps listed below.
- Review the information on this webpage to learn more about the fellowship, determine your eligibility to apply, and review upcoming deadlines and events.
- After reviewing this information, if you have further questions, please make an appointment with a CUSE fellowships advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you decide to move forward with the application process, please complete the Pre-Application (Google Form) and submit a resume via email to email@example.com. We suggest that you compose your Pre-Application responses offline and then copy and paste them into the Pre-Application. (Download a PDF Version of the Pre-Application for your reference.)
- Within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, we will follow up with you. If you have not heard from CUSE within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
|September 2019||Applicants Added to Sakai and Truman Website|
|October 2019||Application Worksheet Due|
|Early November 2019||Short Answer Drafts Due|
|Late November 2019||Second Drafts and Activity Lists Due|
|Early December 2019||Applications Due for Nomination|
|February 2019||National Application Deadline|