The Udall Scholarship awards $7,000 to sophomores and juniors with the commitment and potential to make significant contributions to the fields of the environment, tribal health, or tribal governance. Also includes a significant mentoring and networking component. Eligibility includes U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- Be committed to a career related to the environment OR be a Native American or Alaska Native committed to a career in tribal public policy or Native American health care.
- Be a sophomore or junior-level student, enrolled full-time at a two-year or four-year accredited institution of higher education in the United States, pursuing a bachelor's or associate's degree during the current academic year.
- Have a college grade-point average of at least a "B" or the equivalent.
- Be pursuing full-time study during the next academic year.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. permanent resident.
When to apply
Students should apply in their Fall semester sophomore or junior year.
- Review the information on this webpage to learn more about the fellowship, determine your eligibility to apply, and review upcoming deadlines and events.
- After reviewing this information, if you have further questions, please make an appointment with a CUSE fellowships advisor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you decide to move forward with the application process, please complete the Pre-Application (Google Form) and submit a resume as an attachment via email to email@example.com. We suggest that you compose your Pre-Application responses offline and then copy and paste them into the Pre-Application. (Download a PDF Version of the Pre-Application for your reference.)
- Within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, we will follow up with you. If you have not heard from CUSE within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
You might need to scroll through the calendar or select "Look for more" to see all upcoming dates.