US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes
For first-year students and sophomores, the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes are three to four-week programs hosted at universities across the United Kingdom. Each university/institute has a particular focus ranging from technology in society through the northern extent of the Roman Empire; these institutes are educational, cultural, and social — they encourage exceptional students to pursue leadership and informal ambassadorial roles. Eligibility is limited to current undergraduates in their first or second years of college who are U.S. citizens.
- You must have at least two years remaining of undergraduate study (typically, this means you are a first-year student or sophomore).
- You must be a U.S. citizen (holding a US passport).
- You must be at least 18 years old before the institute commences.
- You must have at least a 3.7 overall GPA.
When to Apply
Students should begin the application process in fall of their first or second year.
If you are interested in applying for a US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institute, please follow the steps listed below.
- Review the information on this webpage to learn more about the fellowship, determine your eligibility to apply, and review upcoming deadlines and events.
- After reviewing this information, if you have further questions, please make an appointment with a CUSE fellowships advisor or contact us at email@example.com.
- If you decide to move forward with the application process, please fill out this form, and visit the Summer Institutes' official website to read more about specific institutes and the application process.
- If you wish, you can submit a draft of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment by the Feedback Deadline (see calendar below). CUSE will send you feedback within two weeks.
- Contact us if you have questions as you work through the application.
Calendar of Deadlines and Events
You might need to scroll through the calendar or select "Look for more" to see all upcoming dates.