US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes
For first-year students and sophomores, the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes are three to four-week programs hosted at universities across the United Kingdom. Each university/institute has a particular focus ranging from technology in society through the northern extent of the Roman Empire; these institutes are educational, cultural, and social — they encourage exceptional students to pursue leadership and informal ambassadorial roles. Eligibility is limited to current undergraduates in their first or second years of college who are U.S. citizens.
- You must have at least two years remaining of undergraduate study (typically, this means you are a first-year student or sophomore).
- You must be a U.S. citizen (holding a US passport).
- You must be at least 18 years old before the institute commences.
- You must have at least a 3.7 overall GPA.
When to Apply
Students should begin the application process in fall of their first or second year.
If you are interested in applying for a US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institute for the summer 2019, please follow the steps listed below.
- If you decide to move forward with the application process, please fill out this form, and visit the Summer Institutes' official website to read more about specific institutes and the application process.
- Once you have submitted the interest form, you will be added to a Sakai site to work through the process with an advisor. Please watch your email for information about this process.
Timeline for 2019 Application
|December 18, 2018||First Draft Due Date|
|December 20, 2018||Deadline to Submit an Interest Form|
|January 10, 2019||Second Draft Due Date|
|February 07, 2019||National Application Deadline|
|March 2019||Short-Listed Applicants Notified|
|April 2019||Finalists Notified/Interviewed|
|Late April 2019||Winners Announced|