US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes
For first-year students and sophomores, the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes are three to four-week programs hosted at universities across the United Kingdom. Each university/institute has a particular focus ranging from technology in society through the northern extent of the Roman Empire; these institutes are educational, cultural, and social — they encourage exceptional students to pursue leadership and informal ambassadorial roles. Eligibility is limited to current undergraduates in their first or second years of college who are U.S. citizens.
- You must have at least two years remaining of undergraduate study (typically, this means you are a first-year student or sophomore).
- You must be a U.S. citizen (holding a US passport).
- You must be at least 18 years old before the institute commences.
- You must have at least a 3.7 overall GPA.
- You must have extremely limited time spent outside of the United States.
When to Apply
Students should begin the application process in fall of their first or second year.
Timeline for 2021 Application
Note: The 2021 application cycle for this program has been canceled due to the global health situation. We will update this space as we learn more about possibiliites for this award in the future.