Deadlines for CUSE Grants
*NEW Grant Policies and Application Requirements for 2018-2019*
- NO deadlines for academic year grant applications and recommendation letters. Priority deadlines for fall, winter, and spring breaks can be found here. The final deadline to submit a complete application for a summer grant is March 8, 2019.
- CUSE grants will not fund study abroad programs, class projects, or club or student group travel.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time. However, grant funding will not be award retroactively.
Applications WILL NOT be reviewed until ALL required application materials and necessary approvals have been submitted to CUSE. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- All grant applications must include: (1) a proposal, (2) a faculty letter of recommendation, and (3) an itemized budget.
- Certain projects may also require IRB approval for research involving human subjects and/or NDI approval for international travel to countries with Level 3-4 Travel Advisories. Students are advised to allow plenty of time for IRB review and/or travel approvals what may affect their travel and research plans.
- For group projects, each student must submit an individual application with their own, unique proposal. Duplicate proposals, in whole or in part, will not be considered for funding.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all application materials and project approvals are submitted in a timely manner.
PRIORITY ACADEMIC BREAK APPLICATION DEADLINES
CUSE has instituted priority grant application deadlines for academic year breaks. In order to ensure that your application has the best possible chance to receive funding, you are strongly encouraged to submit your completed application by the dates below. While applications submitted after this date may still be reviewed, CUSE does not guarantee that funding will be available or that the committee will have time to review your application and make a decision before you travel.
|Priority Fall Break||September 9, 2018|
|Priority Winter Break||November 11, 2018|
|Priority Spring Break||February 10, 2019|
FINAL SUMMER BREAK DEADLINE
The deadline to submit an application for a grant for summer 2018 is Friday, March 8, 2019. If CUSE does not receive a completed application by that date, you will not be eligible for summer funding.
If you are applying for grants at other centers or institutes on campus, be sure to check their deadlines as they do not always coincide with CUSE's deadlines.
Due Dates for Post-Grant Compliance Completion
After completing your grant, you must submit all compliance documents by the following deadlines.
|Month in Which You Completed Your Project||Due Date for All Post-Grant Materials (before midnight)|
|Summer 2018(May-August)||August 29, 2018***|
|September 2018||October 23, 2018|
|October 2018/Fall Break||November 20, 2018|
|November 2018||December 14, 2018|
|December 2018/Winter Break/January 2019||February 12, 2019***|
|February 2019||March 19, 2019|
|March 2019/Spring Break||April 24, 2019|
|April 2019||May 10, 2019 (must complete before leaving campus)|
|Summer 2019||August 27, 2019***|
***Please contact the Student Programming Coordinator if this is more than 60 days from the date of project completion.