The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently announced the winners of its 2019 Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP), with 14 University of Notre Dame students and alumni winning the highly coveted award and another 12 receiving honorable mentions.
CUSE Funding Policy Update for 2019–20
- CUSE has overhauled its funding policies for this academic year. Please review all of the changes before applying for funding this year.
CUSE has moved to G01 Bond Hall
- The Flatley Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement is now operating out of G01 Bond Hall. We're in the corner of the ground floor of Bond Hall that is closest to the log chapel and the lakes! We look forward to seeing you in our new space!
26 Students and Alumni Recognized by NSF
- Our congratulations go out to the 26 Notre Dame students and alumni who were recently recognized by the National Science Foundation as recipients of the Graduate Research Fellowship or as honorable mentions. Learn more about how CUSE can help undergraduates prepare applications for the NSF GRFP, which supports research-oriented graduate study in STEM, including the social sciences. Interested graduate students should contact the Office of Grants and Fellowships in the Graduate School.
Two 2019 Yenching Scholars Selected from Notre Dame
- Jeremy Cappello Lee (class of 2018, philosophy and East Asian studies) and Lily Falzon (class of 2018, sociology with minor in Chinese) have been selected to participate in the Yenching Academy as part of the incoming 2019 cohort. They are the University's sixth and seventh Yenching Scholars in four years. Read more about them and the Yenching Academy here.
Congratulations to Notre Dame's 2019 Truman Scholar
- Prathm Juneja (class of 2020, political science and computer science, Glynn Scholar) was selected as one of the 62 Truman Scholars for 2019. He is the University's eighth Truman Scholar since 2010. Read more about Prathm's achievement here.
Notre Dame's First Knight-Hennessy Scholar Selected
- Alexis Doyle (class of 2017, biological sciences with supplementary major in peace studies; Rhodes Scholar, Glynn Scholar, Hesburgh-Yusko Scholar, Hesburgh Program in Public Service) was selected as one of 75 students in the second cohort of Knight-Hennessy Scholars at Stanford University. She will begin the M.D. program there in Fall 2019. Congratulations to Alexis! Read more here. Learn how to apply for a 2020 Knight-Hennessy Scholarship here.
Congratulations to Notre Dame's 2019 Gates Cambridge Scholar
- Gregory Serapio-García (class of 2019, psychology with minor in the Idzik Computing and Digital Technologies Program; Glynn Scholar) is one of only 34 U.S. applicants selected for a 2019 Gates Cambridge Scholarship. He will pursue the PhD in Psychology at the University of Cambridge. Read more here. Learn how to apply for a 2020 Gates Cambridge Scholarship here.
Notre Dame Is a Fulbright U.S. Student Program Top Producing Institution for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- The University has once again appeared on the list of Fulbright U.S. Student Program Top Producers, this time tied for seventh place among all U.S. institutions. The University also appears on the list of Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program Top Producers—the first time the University has placed on both lists in the same year. Read more here. Learn how to apply for a 2020-2021 Fulbright here.
Congratulations to Notre Dame's 2019 Marshall Scholars
- Congratulations to Sofia Carozza (class of 2019, neuroscience and behavior with supplementary major in theology and minor in philosophy, politics, and economics; Hesburgh-Yusko Scholar and Glynn Scholar) and Katherine Gallagher (class of 2019, honors mathematics and music; CUSE Sorin Scholar) the University's two 2019 Marshall Scholars! This is the first time that Notre Dame has had two Marshall Scholars in the same year. Learn more about the Marshall Scholarship here.
Juneja is among 62 students — mostly juniors but also seniors in five-year degree programs — selected for the honor from a pool of 840 candidates from 346 colleges and universities nationwide.