The CLS program is part of the U.S. government’s effort to expand the number of Americans studying and mastering critical foreign languages in the name of U.S. economic competitiveness and national security.
Teayanna Leytham selected for Fulbright Summer Institute
- Teayanna becomes the University's tenth participant in the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes since 2012. Read the feature here.
26 Notre Dame Students and Alumni Receive 2018-19 Fulbright Awards
- Congratulations to the 2018-19 Fulbright U.S. Student Program Finalists from the University of Notre Dame. Read the story here.
Sorin Scholar Harisa Spahic Named 2018 Salutatorian
- Harisa Spahic, a CUSE Sorin Scholar, has been named the University of Notre Dame's 2018 Salutorian. Read the story here.
Record Number of Gilman Scholars
- Four University of Notre Dame students have been selected as Gilman Scholars for the summer 2018 academic cycle, tying a University record for the most Gilman Scholars in a single academic cycle. Read more here.
Gallagher & Schoenbauer named 2018 Goldwater Scholars
- Katherine Gallagher '19 and Matthew Schoenbauer '20 were named Goldwater Scholars. Named for former U.S. Sen. Barry Goldwater, the Goldwater Scholarship encourages outstanding undergraduate students to pursue careers in the fields of mathematics, the natural sciences and engineering. It is the pre-eminent scholarship of its type in those fields. Read the story here.
Notre Dame senior Brittany Ebeling named Michel David-Weill Laureate
- Ebeling is the first Notre Dame student to win the Michel David-Weill Scholarship. Valued at $80,000, the scholarship will allow her to pursue a fully funded two-year master’s degree program at the prestigious Paris Institute of Political Studies. See ND News for more.
Notre Dame ranked 2nd among top U.S. institutions for Fulbright Grant Recipients!
For the 4th straight year, Notre Dame is ranked as a top Fulbright producer with 29 students and alumni receiving the prestigious grants. See ND News for more. Visit the CUSE Fulbright page to learn how you can become a Fulbrighter!
New CUSE Grant Policies in Effect for 2017-2018
- NO deadlines for academic year grant applications and recommendation letters. The deadline to submit a complete application for a summer grant is March 9, 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time.
- Applications WILL NOT be reviewed until ALL required application materials and necessary approvals have been submitted to CUSE. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- View our funding policy page for the most current information.