The Flatley Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement offers many different types of grants. See individual pages below for the specific details on each grant:
- Conference Presentation
- Conference Attendance
- Research/Creative Endeavor
- Scholarly Immersion/Discernment
- Service Learning
- Unpaid Internship & Research Apprenticeship
- Specialty Grants (Roberts Endowment for UR in East Asia; Eagan Summer Fellowship; Grogan Summer Fellowship)
*NEW Grant Policies and Application Requirements for 2017-2018*
- NO deadlines for academic year grant applications and recommendation letters
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time.
Applications WILL NOT be reviewed until ALL required application materials and necessary approvals have been submitted to CUSE. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- All grant applications must include: (1) a proposal, (2) a faculty letter of recommendation, and (3) an itemized budget.
- Certain projects may also require IRB approval for research involving human subjects and/or NDI approval for international travel to countries with travel warnings. Students are advised to allow plenty of time for IRB review and/or travel approvals what may affect their travel and research plans.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all application materials and project approvals are submitted in a timely manner