NDI International Travel Registration
All students traveling internationally must register via the NDI Travel Registry and receive travel approval from Notre Dame International. Students interested in traveling to a country with a U.S. State Department Level 3-4 Travel Advisory must obtain approval for an exception to policy from the ND International Travel Advisory Review Committee.
For Level 1-2 Travel Advisory Countries:
- Do not register for international travel until after you have been awarded a grant. Please disregard any automated emails from the Student Grant Network that say otherwise.
- Students should submit their travel registration online at least one month prior to departure to complete all of the steps required for approval. This means that you need to submit your CUSE application early enough for your grant to be awarded more than one month prior to your departure. If you apply later than that, it is possible that you will not receive travel approval on time, and as such, your grant will be rescinded.
For Level 3-4 Travel Advisory Countries:
- Applications for exceptions to Level 3-4 Travel Advisory areas should be submitted at least eight weeks prior to departure, if not earlier.
- After submitting the Undergraduate Travel Registration questionnaire, the Travel Advisory Review Committee will review your application to make a determination or request more information. Please note: Travel Advisory Review Committee only meets on the first Thursday of each month, so it is important to submit your application as early as possible.
- Grant applications will not be reviewed until NDI approval for travel to countries with a Level 3-4 Travel Advisory has been submitted to CUSE.
Travel Registration Process
There is a three step process to being approved for international travel. Please follow the steps below to fully complete your international travel registration at the appropriate time as outlined above:
- Go to http://international.nd.edu/
- Select "Travel & Safety" at the top of the page
- Select "Prepare for Travel"
- Select "Undergraduate Students"
- Select "Travel Registration"
- Login with your netid and password
- Select "Undergraduate Travel Registration"
- Complete the questionnaires regarding your international travel.
- NDI will either tentatively approve your travel or reply with questions. Respond appropriately.
Once your travel has been "tentatively approved" by NDI, you must complete/upload the following documents:
- A copy of your GeoBlue health insurance card or the purchase confirmation email (all students are required to purchase GeoBlue international health insurance to travel internationally). The group access code for short-term (less than a semester) Notre Dame projects is GQB-9847. Please make sure to include this expense on your budget or CUSE will not be able to cover the cost.
- Sign and complete all waivers
- Register for the STEP Program
- Upload a copy of your passport.
- Complete the Online Safety Orientation and upload a copy of your completion certificate.
Only after you have completed all of the above will you be considered "approved" for international travel. This entire process must be completed before the travel start date or the awarded funds will be rescinded.
For questions or additional information about Notre Dame-sponsored international travel, please email email@example.com