The application for the Class of 2026 is closed. We will update information for the Class of 2027 application cycle in Spring 2024.
Class of 2026 Application Information
We are glad that you are interested in applying! To be eligible for consideration, applicants must be in their first year of studies and cannot already belong to an honors society (including the Glynn Family Honors Program, the Merit Scholars, AnBryce Scholars, TLP, and Balfour Scholars to name a few). Additionally, applicants must be able to demonstrate exceptional academic performance, leadership potential, and active engagement within their field of study and community.
Sorin Scholar Expectations
Sorin Scholars are expected to:
- Attend meetings and events and earn enough points to remain active in the program.
- Apply for applicable grants and national fellowships throughout your years in the program.
- Participate in mentorship groups with other scholars.
- Actively pursue opportunities to engage with your discipline and others outside of the classroom.
- Act as an ambassador for CUSE and scholarly engagement activities at Notre Dame.
- All sophomore Sorin Scholars must register for a mandatory 1-credit hour sophomore Sorin Scholar Seminar Course, which will take place the first 8-weeks of the fall and spring semesters of sophomore year (schedule TBD).
How to Apply to the Program
Students wishing to apply for the Sorin Scholars Class of 2026 must follow the instructions below:
- Applicants must complete and submit our program application below
- Complete applications will be due on March 8, 2023, by 11:59 PM. The application consists of general information (e.g. intended majors/minors, current GPA) and two short essay questions that ask the student to reflect on their research/intellectual interests and future goals.
- Applicants must submit along with their completed application form two letters of recommendation:
- One academic recommendation from someone at Notre Dame who has taught you and can attest to your academic potential (this can include graduate students or advisors who have instructed you in class).
- One personal recommendation from someone who can speak to your drive, integrity, leadership potential, and extracurricular engagement and/or service. Ideal letters will come from student organization leaders, rectors, bosses, or anyone who has observed and can attest to these qualities.
- Recommenders will receive an email with submission instructions until after you officially submit your application. We can accept letters up until March 12, 2023, at 11:59pm. Letter-writers who wish to submit their letters early may do so by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Recommendation Letter for [Applicant's Name]."
- Applicants must also upload a PDF copy of their current resume.
Interviews will be conducted by the Admissions Committee, comprised of members of the CUSE team and current Sorin Scholars the week of April 17, 2023. For more information about our program or the application process, please send inquiries to email@example.com.
Application: Class of 2026
Once you have reviewed the instructions above, please click here to complete and submit your Sorin Scholars Class of 2026 application.
Please note, your application must be completed in one sitting. If you would like to preview the application content, including essay questions, you can download a PDF sample of the application here..