Sorin Scholars Funding Program
Current Sorin Scholars are eligible to apply for funding support from CUSE for scholarly engagement activities, including but not limited to:
- Independent Research
- Research Assistantships
- Conference Attendance
- Conference Presentation
- Workshops or Seminars
- Language Acquisition
- Scholarly Development Opportunities
In order to apply for funding, students must:
- Meet with their Sorin Scholars advisor to discuss the proposed project.
- Have applied for all other eligible funding opportunities on campus, and either need additional funding to support their project, or not be eligible for other funding opportunities.
- Submit a completed application for funding to CUSE, using the information below.
- Priority will be given to opportunities that are unpaid. If you are applying for additional funding for a paid opportunity, your budget needs to show why you additional funding over and above your salary.
To submit your application:
- Submit a 2-5 page proposal of your project including the following
- Describe the opportunity (what).
- Describe your role in the opportunity (how).
- For independent research, this would be your methodology.
- For internships or research assistantships, this would be your job description and responsibilities.
- For Conferences, this would include what you plan to do at the conference (names of panels or presentations, workshops, networking events, your presentation information, etc).
- For language acquisition or workshops/seminars, this would be your schedule and plan for how to use your time.
- Describe how this opportunity adds to your academic studies at ND and how it relates to your long term academic or professional trajectory (why).
- Describe how you are qualified to participate in this opportunity and what support you have from faculty or other mentors.
- Describe what you hope to learn or bring back to campus from this opportunity.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from somebody who can speak to your qualifications for this opportunity and why you should participate in it.
- Submit a student budget form outlining your expected expenses.
- Submit necessary international travel approvals and/or IRB paperwork (if required).
Note: Student who receive funding from CUSE must complete the post-grant requirements outlined here.