The Flatley Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement offers many different types of grants. Please note that these grants are not intended to fund study abroad programs or class trips. See individual pages below for the specific details on each grant:
- Conference Presentation
- Conference Attendance
- Independent Research
- Creative Endeavors
- Academic Immersion
- Unpaid Internship & Research Apprenticeship
- Roberts Endowment for Undergraduate Research in East Asia*
- Eagan Summer Fellowship*
- Grogan Summer Fellowship*
*NEW Grant Policies and Application Requirements for 2018-2019*
- NO deadlines for academic year grant applications and recommendation letters. Priority deadlines for fall, winter, and spring breaks can be found here. The final deadline to submit a complete application for a summer grant is March 8, 2019.
- CUSE grants will not fund study abroad programs, class trips or projects, or club or student group travel.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time. However, grant funding will not be award retroactively.
Applications WILL NOT be reviewed until ALL required application materials and necessary approvals have been submitted to CUSE. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- All grant applications must include: (1) a proposal, (2) a faculty letter of recommendation, and (3) an itemized budget.
- Certain projects may also require IRB approval for research involving human subjects and/or NDI approval for international travel to countries with Level 3-4 Travel Advisories. Students are advised to allow plenty of time for IRB review and/or travel approvals what may affect their travel and research plans.
- For group projects, each student must submit an individual application with their own, unique proposal. Duplicate proposals, in whole or in part, will not be considered for funding.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all application materials and project approvals are submitted in a timely manner.